Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на Passive Voice
1. The quality of the product has been considerably improved by the manufacturer. 2. Three foreign languages: English, German and French are being taught at the University. 3. The new laboratory will be fitted with the most up to date equipment next year. 4. After graduation from the University 7 students were employed by the mining enterprise. 5. Entirely new machinery was installed at the factory. 6. Numerous questions were being discussed at the scientific conference. 8. On the way home I was being followed by a strange man.
Подчерните сказуемое, определите залог Active or Passive, переведите предложение на русский язык.
1) Complicated mathematical problems are being solved by the students.
2) The scientists will have completed the experiment next month.
3) Children under 16 are not allowed to see this film.
4) Two manuals come with this equipment.
5) The device is not working, you haven’t plugged it in.
6) Much is being done to reduce air pollution in cities.
7) They measured the angles of the triangle.
8) In addition to the problem with the engine there appeared another in the transmission.
3. Сравните следующие пары предложений, определите залог сказуемого в каждом из них, переведите только предложение в Passive.
1) Oil and gas is transported by pipe lines. Pipe lines transport oil and gas.
2) The workers have cut through the solid rock to build the tunnel. The solid rock has been cut through to build the tunnel.
3) They added important data in the report. The report was added with important data.
4) Powerful mining equipment was being used during exploration of the coal mine. The coal mine was using powerful equipment during exploration.
5) The city administration will have repaired the old building by the end of the next year. The old building will have been repaired by the city administration by the end of the next year.
6) The magazine publishes interesting articles. Interesting articles are published in the magazine.
7) The two boats were linked by an iron chain. An iron chain linked the two boats.
8) The engineer will estimate the costs of the repair work. The costs of the repair work will be estimated by the engineer.
Раскройте скобки, употребив глагол в нужной форме страдательного залога. Переведите репортаж на русский язык.
Drugs at airport
A 40-year-old businessman from Birmingham _________(arrest) last night at Heathrow airport. A substance believed to be cocaine ________(find) in his suitcase. He _________(question) by customs officials and after that he ________(take) to the police station.
Подчеркните причастие (Participle I и Participle II), определите его функцию, т.е. является ли оно определением, обстоятельством или частью глагола-сказуемого. Переведите предложение на русский язык.
1) When studying elements Mendeleyev found that they could be divided into nine groups.
2) Most of Christmas customs are variations of traditions brought to America by European immigrants.
3) “United We Stand, Divided We Fall” (Lincoln).
4) Rockets launched with first space velocity become artificial satellites of the Earth.
5) When burnt coal produces heat.
6) The paper described some new methods dealing with low temperatures.
7) A plant producing aluminum is called a smelter.
8) Lake Baikal known as the deepest lake in the world is fed by 336 rivers.
Прочтите и переведите текст письменно.
Technology in Education
Technology has revolutionized the classroom but is not without its disadvantages. Many classrooms are being fitted with smart boards and computers but they cannot replace old methods of teaching.
The technology available today has made a wealth of knowledge available to students, which offers great potential for the speed and style of learning. Information is presented in so many ways that any type learner, whether gifted or disabled, can find and use the necessary material. This fact relates not only to the The Internet, but to all technological improvements in learning, from smart boards to handheld dictionaries.
With this increased access to knowledge also comes a probable loss of communication skills and interactive abilities between students and teacher, and students to peers. Aside from learning, socialization is one of the reasons children come to school. The emphasis now has shifted away from these areas.
Education is no longer the privilege. The information on the The Internet is there for all who have access, without discrimination. People of all social strata are able to use technological advances, which is a fairly new academic development.
While general access is not denied, some students may not be exposed to computers and other technology because of socio-economic status. A student may get to use a computer for a short time, or only as a once-a-week activity instead of a regular class period.
The computer age is here; this cannot be debated. Is it better for students to have access to computers with all their data at the loss of interpersonal skills? Is it acceptable that a student can talk to someone halfway around the world via instant messaging but not be able to get along with the student sitting next to him in a classroom? Technology can enhance traditional methods of learning but cannot replace the human touch. Ultimately, the quality of the class will depend solely on the quality of the teacher and not the presence of technology.
7. Ответьте на вопросы письменно:
1) What information technologies are presented today in education?
2) Do all the students have access to information technologies?
3) Do you think it is necessary to use information technologies in education? Why?
8. Из 2 абзаца выпишите предложение в Present Perfect Active, подчеркните сказуемое.
9. Из 1 абзаца выпишите предложение в Present Continuous Passive, подчеркните сказуемое.
ГРАММАТИЧЕСКИЕ ПОЯСНЕНИЯ К
КОНТРОЛЬНОЙ РАБОТЕ № 4