Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на Passive Voice. 1. The expedition was given a very difficult task
1. The expedition was given a very difficult task. 2. The file with important information has been lost. 3. This problem may be approached from different standpoints. 4. Spanish is spoken in South America. 5. His words were followed by a deep silence. 6. The question of further development of industry was given much attention. 7. The trajectory is affected to a large extent by air resistance. 8. We are taught that light is a form of energy.
Подчерните сказуемое, определите залог Active or Passive, переведите предложение на русский язык.
1) Lots of houses were destroyed by a horrible earthquake.
2) Henry Ford invented an assembly line.
3) The bus driver was badly hurt in the road accident.
4) You should consult a doctor before you do these exercises.
5) A lot of new houses have been built in the city for the last 5 years.
6) He has obtained his knowledge by studying hard.
7) The experiment will be completed by the end of the next year.
8) A new engine is being tested in the laboratory.
3. Сравните следующие пары предложений, определите залог сказуемого в каждом из них, переведите только предложение в Passive.
1) The professor took the book out of the bag. The book was taken out of the bag by the professor.
2) The girl has rejected the proposal. The proposal has been rejected by the girl.
3) Some students fail the examination. The examination is failed by students.
4) A group of specialists was discussing a new technological process. A new technological process was being discussed by a group of specialists.
5) The students answered all the questions. All the questions were answered by the students.
6) The boss has looked through the morning papers. The morning papers have been looked through by the boss.
7) The work on the bridge will be finished by the end of the week. The builders will have finished the work on the bridge by the end of the week.
8) The workers are widening the street. The street is being widened by the workers.
Раскройте скобки, употребив глагол в нужной форме страдательного залога. Переведите репортаж на русский язык.
In London yesterday a shop assistant _________(force) to hand over £500 when she __________(threaten) a man with a knife. The man escaped in a car, later the car __________(find) in a car park where it ____________(abandon) by the thief. A man _________(arrest) in connection with the robbery and he ___________(question) by the police.
Подчеркните причастие (Participle I и Participle II), определите его функцию, т.е. является ли оно определением, обстоятельством или частью глагола-сказуемого. Переведите предложение на русский язык.
1) Observing rare phenomenon of passage of the Venus over the Sun, Lomonosov discovered that Venus had an atmosphere.
2) She didn’t pay any attention to the ringing telephone.
3) Deeply shocked I left the room.
4) An article discussing the new system of school education appeared in all newspapers.
5) Though brought to the USA by European immigrants, the Christmas custom of exchanging gifts became very popular with the Americans.
6) Many students get part-time jobs in December, delivering mail or selling gifts or greeting cards.
7) Iron, cobalt and nickel are the only metals possessing considerable magnetism at room temperature.
8) The analyzed investigation resulted in an interesting discovery.
Прочтите и переведите текст письменно.
Students who choose distance learning over attending classes on campus experience its advantages and disadvantages firsthand. Knowing more about online education will help you make a decision on whether the distance learning is for you. There are various factors to take into consideration before choosing distance learning.
Online education provides convenience for students who cannot attend classes on campus due to personal reasons including work, family and/or physical disabilities and limitations. Flexibility allows students to determine when and where they will complete assignments and it provides greater flexibility for instructors. On the other hand, however, students who are unfamiliar with the The Internet and online interfaces may have difficulties when trying to complete assignments or navigate web pages.
In distance learning there is less face-to-face interaction. This may be a disadvantage for individuals who have trouble with online simulations and need physical demonstrations. At the same time, the instructor is able to focus more on each student via email and other forms of virtual communication, including messaging and forums. Interaction among students may also take place virtually, yet they have the opportunity to organize physical meetings to study. This lack of social interaction may lead to feelings of isolation.
Individuals who are self-motivated and disciplined would prefer distant learning. They are able to create their own schedule and have the ability to learn at their own pace. For those who are less self-disciplined, distance learning may help them to become more self-motivated.
Individuals who take online classes as opposed to on-campus classes spend less time commuting. This time is spent on studying or completing assignments. A time factor also comes into play if the The Internet provider is experiencing trouble. In certain instances, there may be lag time in between responses to emails, which could seriously delay having answers to questions or receiving help on a project or assignment.
7. Ответьте на вопросы письменно:
1) For what students online education is convenient?
2) For what students distance learning can be a disadvantage?
3) Would you prefer distant learning? Why?