SARATOV STATE TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
Saratov State Technical University is one of the largest technical universities in Russia. It was founded in 1930. Today SSTU is a unique educational and research complex including 89 chairs, 8 faculties, 12 educational-research centers and 3 institutes. More than 26 thousand students study here including international ones.
Information Technologies, Software Engineering and Electronics, Mechanical Engineering and Cultural Studies, Industrial and Civil Engineering, Architecture and Design, Power Engineering and Social Science, Chemical Engineering and Machines for Food Industry, Transport Engineering and Instrument-Making, Sewing Technology and Fashion Design are main direction of education and research in our university. SSTU is among leaders in innovation activities.
From the beginning of 1990 SSTU has been successfully participating in international activities. Many students and academic staff are involved in international training and mobility programs. SSTU participates in many international programs. SSTU has agreements with universities and companies of Great Britain, USA, Canada, France, Belgium, Spain, Poland, Czech Republic, Germany, Sweden, India, Taiwan and others.
Cooperation with International computer training institutions allows combining higher educational standards of Russian Federation with professional IT standards. Graduates of International Educational Centre of SSTU could get double diplomas: diploma of higher education of Russian Federation and Higher APTECH Diploma in Software Engineering and Higher Diploma in Computer Graphics and Multi-Media.
Together with foreign partners our university organizes annual International Competition in Computer Graphics and Internet Technologies for Kids and Youth. It is called "Digital Wind".
Раздел 1. Чтение
Задание 1. Прочитайте и переведите текст письменно.
Задание 2. Найдите эквиваленты для данных слов.
Задание 3. Заполните пропуски подходящими словами.
1. SSTU … 89 chairs, 8 faculties, 12 educational-research centers and 3 institutes.
2. Today SSTU is a … educational and research complex
3. SSTU was … in 1930.
4. SSTU organizes … International Competition in Computer Graphics and Internet
Technologies for Kids and Youth.
5. Our University has … with universities and companies of many countries.
Задание 4. Заполните пропуски словами из второй колонки, преобразовав их лексически и грамматически.
Задание 5. Составьте пять вопросов разных типов ко всему тексту.
Раздел 2. Грамматика
Задание 1. Перепишите предложения, раскрывая скобки и ставя глаголы в необходимую временную форму Present Simple или Present Continuous.
1. SSTU … (be) a unique educational and research complex
2. SSTU… (organize) annual International Competition in Computer Graphics and Internet Technologies for Kids and Youth.
3. Now students … (make) a new project.
4. SSTU … (participate) in many international programs.
5. At the moment students … (prepare) for the competition "Digital Wind".
Задание 2. Вставьте необходимые предлоги.
1. SSTU was founded … 1930.
2. SSTU participates … many international programs.
3. SSTU has agreements … universities and companies of Great Britain, USA, Canada, France, Belgium, Spain, Poland, Czech Republic, Germany, Sweden, India, Taiwan and others.
4. I am preparing … the exams.
5. Cooperation … International computer training institutions allows combining higher educational standards of Russian Federation with professional IT standards.
Задание 3. Преобразуйте данные слова в форму множественного числа.
Institution, exam, company, standard, university, computer
Раздел 3. Устная речь
Задание 1. Ответьте на вопросы (на английском языке).
1. Is Saratov State Technical University one of the largest technical universities in Russia?
2. What does SSTU include?
3. When did SSTU start to participate in international activities?
4. How many diplomas can students of SSTU receive?
5. With which countries does the University have agreements?
Задание 2. Подготовьте сообщение на тему “SSTU is one of the main technical Universities” (15-20 предложений).
Контрольная работа № 2