”пражнени€ 5. –аскройте скобки, употребл€€ глаголы в одном из следующих времен: Present Continuous, Present Simple, Past Simple или Future Simple
ѕреобразуйте пр€мую речь в косвенную.
1. He says, УYou are right.Ф
2. She says to him, УI have a right to know.Ф
3. We said to them, УWe have no money.Ф
4. He said, УI have changed my opinion.Ф
5. He said, УI will bring you a book tomorrowФ.
6. They said, УWe were in the USA the day before yesterdayФ.
7. He asked her, УDo you speak English?Ф
8. I asked them, УHave you been to Africa?Ф
9. He asked us, УWhat are your names?Ф
10. She said to me, УDonТt talk to meФ.
”пражнени€ 3. –аскройте скобки, употребл€€ гла≠голы в одном из следующих времен: Present Continuous, Present Simple, Past Simple или Future Simple.
1. Mother (to cook) a very tasty dinner yester≠day. 2. Tomorrow Nick (not to go) to school. 3. Look! My friends (to play) football. 4, Kate (not to write) letters every day. 5. You (to see) your friend yesterday? 6. Your father (to go) on a busi≠ness trip last month? 7. What Nick (to do) yesterday? 8. When Nick (to get) up every morning? 9. Where your mother (to go) tomorrow? 10. I (to invite) my friends to come to my place tomorrow. 11. He (not to play) the piano tomorrow. 12. We (to see) a very good film last Sunday. 13. Your mother (to cook) every day? 14. We (to make) a fire last summer. 15. I (to spend) last summer at the seaside. 16. Where you (to spend) last sum≠mer? 17. Where he (to spend) next summer? 18. What mother (to do) now? Ч She (to cook) din≠ner. 19. I (not to play) computer games yesterday. 20. Last Sunday we (to go) to the theatre. 21. I (to meet) my friend yesterday. 22. I (to write) a letter to my cousin yesterday. 23. You (to write) a dicta≠tion tomorrow? 24. I (not to write) a report now.
”пражнени€ 4. –аскройте скобки, употребл€€ глаголы в одном из следующих времен: Present Continuous, Present Simple, Past Simple или Future Simple.
1. We (to go) on a tramp last Sunday. 2. Your brother (to go) to the country with us next Sunday? 3. Granny (not to cook) dinner now. 4. We (to cook) our meals on a fire last summer. 5. My sister (to wash) the dishes every morning. 6. When you (to go)to school? 7. What you (to prepare) for breakfast tomorrow? 8. You (to invite) your cousin to stay with you next summer? 9. How you (to help) your sister last summer? 10. I (to send) a letter to my friend tomorrow. 11. Every morning on the way to school I (to meet) my friends. 12. My friend (to go) to the library every Wednesday. 13. He (not to go) to the country yesterday. 14. Why you (to go) to the shop yesterday? 15. We (to grow) tomatoes next summer. 16. What you (to do) now? 17. He (to sleep) now. 18. Where your father (to work) last year? 19. You (to go) to the south next summer! 20. He (not to watch) TV yesterday. 21. Yesterday we (to write) a test-paper. 22. 1 (to buy) a very good book last Tuesday. 23. My granny (not to buy) bread yesterday. 24. What you (to buy) at the shop tomorrow? 25. Don't make noise! Father(to work).
”пражнени€ 5. –аскройте скобки, употребл€€ глаголы в одном из следующих времен: Present Continuous, Present Simple, Past Simple или Future Simple.
1. Various kinds of sports (to be) popular in England. 2. Both children and grown-ups (to be) fond of sports. 3. What (to be) the matter with her? She (to be) so excited. - I (not to know). 4. Where you (to go)? - - I (to go) to the to see the match which (to take) place there today. 5. You (to know) that a very interesting match (to take) place last Sunday? 6. He (to go) to the south a week ago. 7. When I (to be) about fifteen years old, I (to enjoy) playing football. 8. Our football team (to win) many games last year. 9. Where (to be) Barry? - He (to play) chess with his friend. 10. 1 (to be) sorry I (to miss) the match yesterday. But I (to know) the score. It (to be) 4 to 2 in favour of the NTP team. 11. Nellie (to leave) for Jacksonville tomorrow.12. I (to be) in a hurry. My friends (to wait) for me. 13. You (to be) at the theatre yesterday. You (to like) the opera? Ч Oh yes, I (to enjoy) it greatly. 14. You (to go) to London next summer?
ќтветы - ”пражнение 3
1. Mother cooked a very tasty dinner yester≠day. 2. Tomorrow Nick wonТt go to school. 3. Look! My friends are playing football. 4. Kate does not write letters every day. 5. Did you see your friend yesterday? 6. Did your father go on a busi≠ness trip last month? 7. What did Nick do yesterday? 8. When does Nick get up every morning? 9. Where will your mother go tomorrow? 10. I will invite my friends to come to my place tomorrow. 11. He wonТt play the piano tomorrow. 12. We saw a very good film last Sunday. 13. Does your mother cook every day? 14. We made a fire last summer. 15. I spent last summer at the seaside. 16. Where did you spend last sum≠mer? 17. Where will he spend next summer? 18. What is mother doing now? Ч She is cooking din≠ner. 19. I did not play computer games yesterday. 20. Last Sunday we went to the theatre. 21. I met my friend yesterday. 22. I wrote a letter to my cousin yesterday. 23. Will you write a dicta≠tion tomorrow? 24. I am not writing a report now.
ќтветы - ”пражнение 4
1. We went on a tramp last Sunday. 2. Will your brother go to the country with us next Sunday? 3. Granny isnТt cooking dinner now. 4. We cooked our meals on a fire last summer. 5. My sister washes the dishes every morning. 6. When do you goto school? 7. What will you prepare for breakfast tomorrow? 8. Will you invite your cousin to stay with you next summer? 9. How did you help your sister last summer? 10. I will send a letter to my friend tomorrow. 11. Every morning on the way to school I meet my friends. 12. My friend goes to the library every Wednesday. 13. He did not go to the country yesterday. 14. Why did you go to the shop yesterday? 15. We will grow tomatoes next summer. 16. What are you doing now? 17. He is sleeping now. 18. Where did your father work last year? 19. Will you go to the south next summer? 20. He did not watch TV yesterday. 21. Yesterday we wrote a test-paper. 22. I bought a very good book last Tuesday. 23. My granny did not buy bread yesterday. 24. What will you buy at the shop tomorrow? 25. Don't make noise! Father is working.
ќтветы - ”пражнение 5
1. Various kinds of sports are popular in England. 2. Both children and grown-ups are fond of sports. 3. What is the matter with her? She is so excited. - I do not know. 4. Where are you going? - I am going to the stadium to see the match which will take place there today. 5. Do you know that a very interesting match took place last Sunday? 6. He went to the south a week ago. 7. When I was about fifteen years old, I enjoyed playing football. 8. Our football team won many games last year. 9. Where is Ben? - He is playing chess with his friend. 10. I am sorry I missed the match yesterday. But I know the score. It is 4 to 2 in favour of the NTP team. 11. Nellie will leave for Jacksonville tomorrow.12. I am in a hurry. My friends are waiting for me. 13. You were at the theatre yesterday. Did you like the opera? Ч Oh yes, I enjoyed it greatly. 14. Will you go to London next summer?
”пражнение 1. Join the two parts of sentences.
”пражнение 3. Put the following sentences into the correct tense: Simple Past, Simple Present, Present Continuous or Past Continuous, Present Perfect.
1. I ________ (listen) to the radio while Mary __________ (cook) dinner.
2. You __________ (buy) this book yesterday?
3. Last Friday Jill __________ (go) home early because she __________ (want) to see a film.
4. When your brother usually __________ (get) home in the evening?
5. Jane always __________ (bring) us a nice present.
6. What those people __________ (do) in the middle of the road?
7. You __________ (read) this book?
8. While Fred __________ (sleep), Judy __________ (watch) TV.
9. When I __________ (be) young, I __________ (think) Mary __________ (be) nice Ч but now I __________ (think) sheТs fantastic.
10. Jill __________ (walk) home when she __________ (see) her husbandТs car outside the cinema
11. Look there! Sue and Tim __________ (run) to school.
12. JackТs father __________ (not work) in London Ч he __________ (not speak) English.
13. Joe __________ (buy) a car yesterday.
14. Their father often __________ (go) to rock concerts.
15. While you __________ (sleep), mother __________ (arrive).
”пражнение 4. »справьте ошибки.
1. When she was younger, she has played tennis every day.
2. ItТs already 10:00, but Jane hasnТt finished her homework already.
3. Joe crashed his car three times since Christmas.
4. Did you done your homework, or have you been watching TV?
5. Karl has been driving since five years.
6. This hotel has been already in business for twenty years.
”пражнение 5. Put the verbs in brackets in the correct tense form (Present Simple, Present Perfect, Present Continuous, Past Simple, Past Continuous).
1. Alice ... (not to take) the bus to school every day. She usually ... (to walk) to school...
2. (to take) Е you the bus to get to school or ... (to walk) you?
3. Who is this man? I ... (to think) that I ... (to know) him, but I ... (to forget) his name.
4. The children ... (to have) a good time in the park yesterday. They ... (to give) small pieces of bread to the ducks. Then they ... (to take) pictures of themselves.
5. Where are the children? They ... (to watch) TV in the room now. Some minutes ago they ... (to play) a game.
6. Now I am in my class. I... (to sit) at my desk. I always ... (to sit) at the same desk.
”пражнение 6. –аскройте скобки употребл€€ глаголы в Present Simple, Future Simple, Present Continuous или поставьте конструкцию to be going + to inf.
1. When you_____ (know) your examination results?
2. Kathy_____ (travel) to Caracas next month to attend a conference.
3. Do you have any plans for lunch today? Ч I _____ (meet) Shannon at the Sham Cafe in an hour. Do you want to join us?
4. I ____ (buy) a bicycle for my son for his birthday next month. Do you know anything about bikes for kids? Ч Sure. What do you want to know?
5. How do you like your new job? Ч I donТt start it until tomorrow. I_____ (give) you an answer next week.
6. I suppose he_____ (talk) about his new invention.
7. Why are you packing your suitcase? Ч I_____ (leave) for Los Angeles in a couple of hours.
8. My regular doctor, Dr. Jordan, _____ (attend) a conference in Las Vegas next week, so I hope I _____ (meet) her partner, Dr. Peterson, when I _____ (go) for my appointment next Friday.
9. What time class _____ (begin) tomorrow morning? Ч It_____ (begin) at eight oТclock sharp.
10. The coffee shop _____ (open) at seven oТclock tomorrow morning. IТll meet you there at 7:15. Ч Okay. IТll be there.
”пражнение 7. –аскройте скобки употребл€€ глаголы в Future Continuous, Present Continuous, Future Simple или поставьте конструкцию to be going + to inf.
1. At 5 oТclock tomorrow he _______ (work).
2. He canТt come at noon tomorrow because he _______ (give) a lesson at that time.
3. She_______ (read) an interesting book the whole evening tomorrow.
4. At 10 oТclock tomorrow morning he_______ (talk) to his friend.
5. You will recognize her when you see her. She_______ (wear) a yellow hat.
6. He_______ (have a party) on Saturday 4th December in London at 10 pm.
7. In the next days you _______ (visit) famous sights.
8. Jeanne and Paul_______ (move) to London next month.
9. Leave the washing up. -I _______ (do) it later.
10. This time tomorrow I _______ (lie) on the beach.
11. Look out! You _______ (spill) your tea!
”пражнение 8. ”пражнение раскройте скобки, употребл€€ глаголы в Present Continuous, Present Perfect, Present Perfect Continuous, Past Simple.
1. ArenТt you about to finish with the dishes? You _______ (wash) the dishes for thirty minutes or more. How long can it take you to wash the dishes?
2. We _______ (go) to the Steak House restaurant many times. The food is excellent.
3. A: What is that sound? B: A car alarm _______ (ring) somewhere down the street. It _______ (drive) me crazy ЧI wish it would stop! It _______ (ring) for more than twenty minutes.
4. Can you translate this note from Stockholm? I understood Swedish when I _______ (be) a child, but I _______ (forget) it all.
5. WhatТs that dent in the side of the car? You _______ (have) an accident?
6. IТm sorry, JohnТs not here; he _______ (go) to the dentist. He _______ (have) trouble with a tooth for some time.
7. This cassette recorder is broken. You _______ (play) about with it?
8. Your Italian is very good. You _______ (study) it long?
9. Do you mind if I clear the table? You _______ (have) enough to eat?
10. Ann never _______ (go) camping. She _______ (not sleep) in a tent.
11. Frank, where have you been? We _______ (wait) for you since 1 p.m.
12. IТm not surprised he _______ (fail) that exam. He _______ (not / work) hard recently.
”пражнение 9. Pаскройте скобки, употребл€€ глаголы в Present Perfect, Past Simple или Present Perfect Continuous.
1. Oh no! The children _______ (cook). Look at the state of this kitchen!
2. How many times Wendy _______ (be) late for work this week?
3. IТm going to give that cat some food. It _______ (sit) on the doorstep for hours. IТm sure itТs starving.
4. I _______ (do) grammar exercises all morning. I deserve a treat for lunch.
5. You _______ (not / buy) your mother a present? ThatТs really mean of you.
6. She _______ (work) in Australia for 2 years. Then she moved.
7. Now where are my keys? This is the third time I _______ (lose) them today
8. You _______ (ever/play) chess? You should try it. IТm sure itТs the sort that youТd like.
9. Oh do be quiet. You _______ (grumble) all day!
10. Your tennis _______ (really / improve)! You _______ (practice) in secret?
”пражнение 10.ѕодчеркните правильно выбранное врем€.
1. I am writing in connection with the advertisement which appeared / has appeared on 12 April.
2. I originally studied/ have studied chemistry at university. I graduated / have been graduating with a first-class degree.
3. I now completed / have now completed a postgraduate degree in administration.
4. IТve been trying / IТve tried to find a permanent job for a considerable time.
5. Indeed, I have already worked /I have already been working for several companies on a temporary basis.
6. In my first job, I was / have been responsible for marketing,
7. IТve been applying / have applied for several posts this year but I did not manage / have not managed to find what IТm looking for.
8. The last job I applied / have applied for required applicants to speak some Japanese,
9. I started learning / have been learning Spanish a few months ago I did not obtain / have not obtained a qualification in it yet.
10. I did not apply / have not applied for a job with your company before.
11. I hoped / have hoped that you would consider my application favourably.
12. However, I have been waiting/ have waited for a reply for weeks and I still have not received / did not receive any answer.
”пражнение 11.–аскройте скобки, употребл€€ глаголы в Present Perfect, Past Simple или Present Perfect Continuous.
1. Today is Thursday, and John ________ (be) late twice this week; he________ (be) late yesterday and on Monday.
2. I first________ (meet) George a month ago, and I ________ (meet) him several times since then.
3. It is October now, and we ________ (do) a lot of work this year; we ________ (do) a lot last year too.
4. She ________ (buy) a coat last winter, but she________ (not / buy) a new dress since 2008.
5. ItТs only the middle of the month, and he________ (spend) (already) most of his salary; he ________ (spend) $60 yesterday,
6. I ________ (break) my leg in 1991, but I ________ (break) (never) my arm.
7. HeТs over sixty, and heТs still working. He ________ (work) hard all his life. When he ________ (be) a young man, he sometimes ________ (work) all night.
8. The postman ________ (come) at eight yesterday, but itТs now half past eight and he ________ (not / come) yet.
9. Today is May 25th. Ted ________ (not / be) absent this month.
10. He ________ (feel) extremely ill when he went to hospital, but he ________ (feel) much better since he came out of hospital a month ago.
1 Ц a, 2 Ц c, 3 Ц b, 4 Ц f,5 Ц d, 6 Ц e.
1 Present Simple/indefinite, 2 Past Simple/Indefinite, 3 Present Simple/indefinite, 4 Present Continuous/Progressive, 5 Past Simple/Indefinite, 6 Past Continuous/Progressive, 7 Future Simple / Indefinite, 8 Past Simple/Indefinite
1 was listening / was cooking, 2 did you buy, 3 went / wanted, 4 does your brother usually get, 5 brings, 6 are people doing, 7 have you read, 8 was sleeping / was watching, 9 was /thought / think, 10 was walking / saw, 11 are running, 12 doesnТt work / doesnТt speak, 13 bought, 14 goes, 15 were sleeping / arrived.
1 has played ->played, 2 already -> yet, 3 crashed -> has crashed, 4 Did ->have, 5 since -> for, 6 has been already -> has already been
1 doesnТt take /walks, 2 Do you take / Do you walk, 3 think / know /have forgotten, 4 had / gave /took, 5 are watching / were playing, 6 am sitting / sit
1 will you know, 2 is travelling, 3 am meeting, 4 am going to buy, 5 will give, 6 is going to talk, 7 am leaving, 8 is attending / will meet /go, 9 does class begin / begins, 10 opens.
1 will be working, 2 will be giving, 3 will be reading, 4 will be talking, 5 will be wearing, 6 will be having / is having, 7 will visit, 8 are moving, 9 will do, 10 will be lying, 11 will spill
1 have been washing, 2 have gone, 3 is ringing/ is driving /has been ringing, 4 was /have forgotten, 5 have you had, 6 has gone / has had, 7 have you played, 8 have you been studying, 9 have you had, 10 has never gone / has never slept, 11 have been waiting, 12 has failed, hasnТt been working
1 have been cooking, 2 has Wendy been, 3 has been sitting, 4 have been doing, 5 havenТt you bought, 6 worked, 7 have lost, 8 have you ever played, 9 have been grumbling, 10 has really improved, have you practiced
1 appeared, 2 studied / graduated, 3 have now completed, 4 IТve been trying, 5 have already worked, 6 was, 7 have applied / have not managed, 8 applied, 9 started learning/ have not obtained, 10 have not applied, 11 have hoped, 12 have been waiting/ have not received
1 has been / was, 2 met /have met, 3 have done / did, 4 bought / hasnТt bought, 5 has already spent / spent, 6 broke / have never broken, 7 has been working hard / was / worked, 8 came / hasnТt come, 9 hasnТt been, 10 felt / has felt